Senhor Antonio Taberna Wine Bar
- Ford Sep 29, 2003 03:49 PM
Toronto Best New Restaurant!
Went there last night based on Joanne Kate's review - had many of the same dishes
- rapini and chickpeas - good
- chorizo and blood sausage - very good
- quail in piri piri sauce - very good
- shrimp in piri piri sauce - good, but repetitive with quail
- sardines - good
- grouper seviche - OK
Then two people split a main course (cod - very good) and I had the lobster/shrimp bisque - too much roux flavour and gritty.
Service was good - wine was excellent (red and white - suggested by the manager - sorry don't know names) but overall I wasn't as impressed as I expected to be. It was very busy - so if you try it you probably should make a reservation (although was Chiado was empty).
Our meal was $260 for 4 tax and tip included.