Freeze smoked tofu?
A friend gave me some smoked tofu - too much to use right now
but can I freeze it? How to do it best? It's made from extra-firm, baked then smoked and it tastes great.
thanks Tt, I'll do that if needed. Do you have any suggestions for good eating? I don't get this very often and I'm not sure of tastiest use - one friend suggested fine dice and mix with scrambled eggs, topping with spicy tomato salsa. What do you think?
Anybody have other ideas?
I also buy the soyboy smoked tofu often. I love it just sliced as a snack! More ways i've enjoyed it:
- cubed in miso soup (or any vegetable based soup)
- sliced on toast topped with semi mashed avocado
- chopped in salads
- added to chili or bean centered dishes for the smokey depth
- long slim baton shaped pcs in summer rolls
- sliced on a snacky plate instead of cheese with crackers, olives, hummus, crudite, spiced nuts, etc.
- use for a vegetarian bahn mi sandwich
- add it diced to chinese style stir fried green beans (or whatever stir fry)
I actually am not a fan of eggs but that sounds like a good idea too!