Using chive blossoms
- arielleeve Jun 6, 2014 09:31 PM
I got a huge bunch of these in my CSA. I used a few to garnish a pasta dish, but as garnish alone, I'll never make it through them. Any other suggestions? Vegetarian/pescetarian only, please.
-Add to a stir fry for the last minute
- chop and add to sandwiches
- chop finely and add to hummus or bean dip
- add to cornbread or savory pancakes
- mix into cream cheese or goat cheese
I've been picking then drying chive blooms then putting them in the freezer door for years.
Get them when they are in perfect condition. They dry easily in the oven at the lowest temp.
Pick them when the temp is the hottest in the day.
They add a delicious chive note to many dishes that you'd add onions to. I just pluck a few petals off a blossom at a time.