Captain J's Restaurant in Raleigh
Gonna start a new thread here as the old one is getting too long...
Captain J's is expanding its Chinese menu. They have recently hired a new chef who specializes in Shanghai Style Cuisine. Earlier today a few of us went over there to try out some of the new items:
1. Fried Pork Potstickers. Handmade by chef. Thin dough and full of meat!
2. Tian Jing Spicy Cabbage. Sweet and a bit spicy.
3. Braised Wheat Gluten. Wheat gluten chunks with shiitake and bamboo in a sweet sauce. Some of us felt its a bit too sweet.
4. Braised Pork Shanks. Really tender. Fell off the bone easily with the chopsticks.
5. Beef noodle soup. Pretty much the same as before but they now use a different cut of beef (brisket).
We did not and could not try them all! For those of you who are adventurous, they have sea cucumber!
Perhaps we need to have another Chow-meet over there...
Looks good! Feh to the american menu. Tripe, pigs ear and dim sum offerings! If this doesn't take off in N. Raleigh.. well I'm sorry. I often feel like N. Raleigh gets left off the map in foodie places but I'm also not from that area and maybe talking out of the side of my mouth.