The Best Burgers in Atlanta??? via Zagat.com
- theeatlist May 26, 2014 01:43 PM
Zagat.com recently posted an article on the "Best Burgers in Atlanta".
I'm curious to see who agrees, who's tried, and if there are burgers missing???
1. The Burger at General Muir
2. The Highlander Burger- The Highlander
3. The Classic- Flip Burger
4. The Burger- Holeman and Finch
5. Chilli Cheese Burger- Mix'd Up
6. Jakes Sloppy Slaw Burger- The Red Eyed Mule
7. The Opti Burger- The Optimist
I can definitely agree with Holeman and Finch.
I'd pick The Earl's or even the Vortex's over The Highlander's. Note: These are the thick-patty style, not the smashed/griddled thin patty that is currently trendy. I think it's comparing apples to oranges to even compare thick-patty burgers with thin-patty burgers--they are two different animals, and each has its pros and cons.
Judging two different things, in two completely different ways. I prefer the thicker patties as opposed to the thin. Only because, when I want a burger...I want just that: thick, juicy, chunk of meat dressed proper how I like. However, I do see the relevance in thin patties for that particular burger style or recipe.