Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
May 24, 2014 01:50 PM

Name for/where to buy individual metal muffin tins

I have some stainless steel individual stainless steel muffin/pudding tin/cup/ramekin things that are a very simple design of a smooth hemisphere/muffin/bowl shape about 2.5-3" diameter across the top and with a little handle sticking extending out of the top lip. I use them for steaming muffins and for baking excess muffin/cake batter. I'd like to buy more but I have no idea what they're actually called or where to buy them (online or in person) as I've never seen them sold anywhere.
Any suggestions?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Picture please : )

    Also, how did you originally obtain them? You got me really curious.

      1. re: bluecurtain

        Thank you for the photos.

        Those look so fimiliar, I'm trying to put my finger on it.


      2. I inherited them from my mother, along with other eclectic cookware, such as a cast iron cornbread(?) pan shaped like an armadillo haha.... I have no idea where she got them but she travelled a lot.

        1 Reply
        1. re: bluecurtain

          That's amazing, your mother sounds like her travels gave her many interesting and fun tokens : )

          Also, I love armadillos, that sounds adorable!

        2. They look like egg poacher cups to me - they may have fit inside an insert at one time.

          5 Replies
          1. re: Samalicious

            get out of my head :)
            was thinking same thing
            I have such egg poachers cuppies...
            did you say where you live?
            Surfa's Los Angeles if they don't have bet they'll be able to tell you where to try

            1. re: iL Divo

              It seems that egg poacher cups are exactly what they are, thank you so much! I'll probably buy them online so I can get them without the insert.

              1. re: bluecurtain

                Make sure the ones you buy are to your specifications, I have seen many many varieties of them and of lot of them are rather low quality.

                They often can be nonstick coated which in many cases isn't the type of nonstick that can be put in the oven.

                I am happy Samalicious figured it out for you : ) Good luck and happy buying more!

            2. re: Samalicious

              That was my thought as well. The slots could be to attach to something to lift them out of the water?

              1. re: Samalicious

                That is exactly what they were reminding me of!