Since my better half is right in pointing out that I've gotten too fat, I guess I should start eating more salad. Where are your favorites?
I'm a big guy, so I generally like the salad to be huge and have plenty of protein in it. Not so big on dressings, but I'd be open to trying a lot of options if there's something worth trying.
So far on my list:
1. houlihans - take it easy on the fried stuff and delicious garlic bread
2. Cheeburger Cheeburger - Upgrade your patty size, and choose your toppings.
3. Joe's meat market in South Bound brook, a few basic options, but very good, and its loaded with chicken
4. Moe's - get double meat and try to avoid the chips.
If you're going to Cheeburger Cheeburger and upgrading your patty size, you are not going to lose weight. See <http://cheeburger.com/nutrition/nutri...>, but a one-pounder with *no* toppings would be well over half your total calories for the entire day. A Classic (1/4-pounder) might be okay.
What you need is salad *instead* of the burger, and more legumes for the protein. In any case, the nutrition web pages for the various restaurants, while depressing, are definitely helpful.
- The original comment has been removed
Qdoba...I get "naked taco salad" with chicken. It omits the fried tortilla shell, puts a good amount of chicken and beans over romaine. Don't get the sour cream or cheese. Get corn salsa and pico de gallo to up the veg content. It is very satisfying for lunch. I'll usually squeeze some fresh lime over (they have over by the soda machine) also. When feeling decadent, get a scoop of guacamole (it's a healthy fat, if you eat in moderation) because it mixes in nicely.