Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
May 9, 2014 07:32 PM

Uneven cast iron cooking top

I have a Rayburn oil stove, and the top has had some rust pitting, I am wondering if there is any product which I could use to put the pots on to give an even surface contact. It would have to be a good heat conductor, I was wondering if the silicone mats would work, they would only be used for simmering.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Hi, bulgadowns:

    I'm not sure there's a need. You might try Bella Copper

    I'm a Rayburn fan. Please post photos of your cooker?


    1. Depending on how bad the pitting is, you could sand it down to a smooth surface.

      A copper flame tamer might be an option for you.