what is the dinner menu like at KO?
Here's a copy of my report from my most recent dinner at Ko from mid March (someone else wanted to know about the menu):
"Another terrific dinner at Ko last night. The following was my recollection of the menu:
Amuses: chicharron; house-made ricotta on rice cracker with espresso; lobster salad wrapped in watermelon radish; chawanmushi with spicy oil and crisped rice.
1) red snapper tartare with Asian pear, chilies, diced onions fish bones gelee (loved this).
2) Spanish mackerel with shallots, rice pearls and blood orange zest.
3) trout consomme with trout mousse and kale.
4) soft cooked egg with onion soubise, fingerling potato chips, chives, American sturgeon caviar served with sourdough bread and spiced butter (my #1 favorite dish).
5) farfalle pasta with dry aged beef, cheddar and rutabaga (?).
6) branzino with blue foot mushrooms in a shishito pepper broth.
7) frozen torchon of foie gras with Riesling gelee, lychee and pinenut brittle.
8) dry aged Muscovy duck breast with sauteet tatsoi and creme fraiche.
9) chocolate cake, mint ice cream and fernet branca.
10) coconut lime sorbet, frozen bananas, toasted meringue, shortbread crumble.
Don't be too surprised if some of the dishes (especially the amuses) change.
I've been dining at Ko regularly for the past (almost) 6 years, and I've always loved my meals! Service is very friendly and attentive too.
Hope you have a great time, and I'll look forward to reading your report."