How do you clean an "empty" peanut butter jar?
- ipsedixit Apr 27, 2014 08:47 PM
By "empty" I mean a jar that has been spent of 98% of the peanut butter but still has smears and smudges of the brown stuff adorning its walls and bottom.
- Use it as a bowl for hot oatmeal
- Use it as a bowl for Chinese sesame noodles
- Use it as a bowl for ice cream
- Use it as a bowl for milk and cereal
- Use it for a yogurt and fruit parfait
- Use it as a decanter for hot chocolate
Put it in the yard and let the squirrels clean it out, like those bugs they use to strip flesh from skeletons.
Your Plan A is close to my strategy: table knife, then finger, then recycle. Used to be religious about cleaning thoroughly, shaking with hot water and some Dawn, but realized that the glass was gonna get broken up and melted and any traces of PB would burn off early. Likewise with mayonnaise.