Another FANTASTIC Time!
What a great time of year to visit New Orleans! The weather was perfect, the food was delicious & the drinks were cold! Here is a rundown:
1. Cochon Butcher-kept reading about the muffalettas so we had to go. Loved it!
2. Cooter Brown's-plump & juicy (and cheap!) crawfish. Ate till we were plump!
3. Stopped for HR at the Columns-such a classy place with friendly folks
4. Also did HR's at Luke & Carousel Bar
5. Breakfast at Camillia Grille in the FQ-can never finish the whole thing! They are now called NOLA Grill. I asked the owner & he said the owner of the one in the Garden District soley owns the Camillia name so he had to change their name to NOLA Grill. Same staff & food, so it didn't change anything.
6. Felix's for char-grilled oysters. OK-so anyone who reads my posts knows that I have always been a fan of this delicious dish. HOWEVER, they are totally different from the way Felix's used to serve them (last time I had them was 2 years ago). The topping consists mainly of dry breadcrumbs-there is no parmesan cheese & I couldn't even smell any garlic. Also, the plate was dry meaning there was no juice dripping from the oysters. Such a disappointment!
7. Coquette for their 3 course lunch. I have to admit we were very pleased at our choice for lunch. The shrimp & grits dish was fantastic as was the dessert of lemon merengue with strawberry sorbet.
5. Criollo's-everything I've read on CH about the shrimp-blue crab & avocado tower is true. So delicious!!! Could have had 3 of them by myself.
On a non-food topic-why didn't any of you tell me how much fun NOLA is during Easter???? The Chris Owens parade was out of this world! We will definitely visit again during Easter...
Yes, Easter Sunday was insane. I was surprised as well
Funny, we had the total opposite experience with Felix's Chargrilled Oysters. I only had them at Drago's before and I actually thought Felix's were better. Def less frill, almost no cheese, but just enough lemon and butter to make them sing. We enjoyed them
Glad you had a great trip
Each time that I've had their chargrilled oysters, I have been thrilled. But this time was not one of those times unfortunately...
Glad your trip was nice too!