"La Mere 'Pekingnese' Restaurant" - Richmond Hill Branch, Times Square
- Charles Yu Apr 12, 2014 06:29 PM
After an interesting and surprisingly enjoyable chowing experience at La Mere's Scarborough flag ship last week.
Today, I decided to give their much closer-to-home, Richmond Hill branch a try. Again, the reasonably priced food was delicious and lovingly prepared. There were a few repeat favorites amongst our order as well as some new and untried dishes.
A number of stand outs include:
- A nicely seasoned " Marinated shredded beef tripe with chili oil, seasoned soy, garlic, Cilantro...." cold appetizer.
- A flavorful " Stirred fry shredded Cabbage with mini sun-dried Shrimps ". A very delicious veggie dish with the aroma and sweet umami taste of the shrimp really stood out.
- A basket of " Deep fried tooth-pics Lamb Nuggets ".. This is not unlike your typical chicken nuggets but in this 'exotic' case, the lamb nuggets were marinated heavily with cumin and other spices. Exotic indeed! Unfortunately, a touch overly greasy spoiled the eating sensation a little.
- Lastly, stealing the show was the bowl of " Cold Noodles with House special Spicy sauce Topping ". Man! This is one great yummy bowl of noodle!! Period! With the right amount of heat, the slightly unfamiliar but savory taste sensation was very complex and a delight to eat. So good! A must order for my next visit!
With the now 'chowhound-favorite' "Northern Dumpling Kitchen" and this soon-to-be favorite located side-by-side.from each other. Decision in choosing which one to enter is going to be tough one!