Best accessories for a gas grill?
- The Dairy Queen Apr 7, 2014 08:08 AM
Looking to buy some grill related accessories as a birthday gift. He's got a lot of stuff already, rotisserie, pizza stone, a pan with holes in it... What else does the birthday boy need?
A spare aluminum 10lb propane bottle. Never rusts, cheap to fill, easy to store due to small size, and ready to replace the empty bottle midway through the cooking.
Absolutely number one is hooking up to a propane system. I'm tied into my pool's propane heater line. Number two is a basket. We do shrimp, wrapped in prosciutto and basil leaves on skewers. One basket holds six skewers. Also great for chicken satay, even without skewers!
I'm a big fan of grill grates: http://www.grillgrate.com/ these things work really well. There was a steak cooking competition nearby and one of the contestants was on the local chanel doing a demo and he had these on his grill. The really cool thing is they release so much better than the standard grates that come with your grill, any grill.
Hi DQ -
There are a number of BBQ accessories to choose from, including 10 just for starters:
1. ) BBQ light, either handle attached or clip on models.
2. ) Stainless steel rib and roast rack.
3. ) Stainless steel trout or fish rack.
4. ) Stainless steel baked potato rack.
5. ) Stainless steel clam or mussel rack.
6. ) Grill cleaning brush ( stainless steel and brass brush ).
7. ) Basting /sauce pot with silicone brush.
8. ) Marinade containers with lid, plastic or silicone.
9. ) Silicone hot pads, or gloves for handling hot grill meat.
10.) Good locking tongs, long or short, in stainless steel.
To ensure there is no duplication, I would find out exactly what he owns first, and then what type of BBQ grilling he likes the most.
Is it hamburgers, or is it large cuts of meat ? Sausage or fish ? Marinated, dry rub, wood-chip smoke, or homemade BBQ sauce ? Grill grate, or Rotisserie-centric ?
There are endless possibilities above to make his Birthday a happy one !