My TrJ Food for a Queazy Stomach
- opinionatedchef Mar 22, 2014 08:25 PM
I've had to take alot of meds lately and I will sometimes have a few days of light nausea. Here's what I found that gets me to eat something, that is pretty healthy, and which i really enjoy. You could call it my version of chicken soup ( which it is not.)
Mild Thai Soup with Dumplings
- 1 pkg. frozen TrJ Tom Yam soup with Spinach Mushroom Dumplings
- 5-10 chicken wontons from pkg. frozen TrJ Chicken Wontons
- Handful fresh snow peas,rinsed and sliced crosswise into 1/3 inch pieces
Into a large soup bowl place the contents of the Tom Yam packet* of sliced lemongrass, ginger and chiles, and the packet of spinach and mushroom dumplings. On the edge of a sturdy counter or on the floor, bang (Bang HARD!) the flat pkg of frozen soup base, til it cracks in a number of places. On a counter, lay the packet flat, then slice through the plastic, making a large cross. Peel back each quadrant and remove the frozen base and place in the bowl. Cover loosely and nuke on highest for 5 minutes. You could eat it now or:
Meanwhile, boil a few inches of unsalted water** and add the wontons for 2 minutes or so. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add the sliced snow peas for 30 seconds; remove . When the soup comes out of the microwave, add the wontons and snow peas. Voila!
* I leave in the packet contents- to flavor the soup, but i remove them before eating the soup . My Love eats all of it.
** Like most prepared foods, this one is pretty high in sodium, so there's no need for any more.
Other Options for adding to the soup:
TrJ frozen eda mame succotash blend
other dumplings or wontons
sliced cooked shiitakes or other mushrooms