Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > General Topics >
Mar 17, 2014 03:30 PM

Naming a Cheese Filled Bun

I'm doing some menu planning and I want to deliver a cheese stuffed bun but i have no idea what to call it. It is essentially a 4 cheese blend packed into whole wheat dough thats baked and served hot. I believe that some people call them "Cheese Zombies" however I want to stay away from that name. Anyone have suggestions?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Call it a 4 cheese calzone. Serve with marinara dipping sauce.
    "As a rule, calzones are usually stuffed with cheeses such as ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, Provolone or a type of regional cheese."
    BTW, what's wrong with Zombie's. The Half Priced Book Store has about 100 feet of shelf space devoted to Paranormal Romance. Zombies are "in".

    1. Some places call them stuffed cheese buns.

      Apparently Cheese Zombies are a local culinary specialty of East Contra Costa County.

      1. Use an obscure name so it will invite a series of questions from *new* patrons.
        A four cheese creation should be dubbed ... "Killer Rat Trap".

        1. Looks like an empanada to me. Or a knish.

          1. Grilled cheese bun?
            stuffed cheesey bun?

            (Btw, that looks like an insane amount of cheese inside! Is this suppossed to be a handheld meal? If its an app or side maybe use less...)