Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Mar 16, 2014 08:00 AM

Palm Restaurant french press

I bought a Palm Restaurant french coffee press that looks like stainless, but it does not have any identification of material on the press.Does anyone know what it is actually made of? It is has a nice shine, but could be aluminum or metal. I love the coffee it makes, and it stays hot long enough, but I really don't want to use a product made of either of these materials for safe ingestion of hot liquid. I can't find a website for this company or any information about them Does anyone know any of these answers? Thanks for your help!.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Palm Cookware is the house brand of TJ Maxx. It is sold in their stores which include HomeGoods and Marshall's also. It's not the highest quality but that doesn't mean it's unsafe.

    Try TJ Maxx website. They provide contact info.

    1. I bought this one at a 2nd hand store for $5.00. It is a wonderful quality and the coffee press makes the ultimate Irish Coffee. I'm quite sure by the sheen, weight, and quality that it is stainless steel. Palm Restaurant is sold by other companies such as Macy's.

      1. I just purchased one from Home Goods. The cardboard label attached says " Product Features - stainless steel polished finish. Double wall insulated body. Keeps coffee warmer longer. Dishwasher safe."

        1. Forget me if I'm wrong but isn't yours in a glass steeping type cup .... The metal on the outside won't and can't touch your drink the metal plunger INSIDE should truly be your concern and I'm reading my palm directions and it day's specifically "stainless steel plunger"