Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Spirits >
Mar 9, 2014 09:24 PM

What is this drink called?

Equal parts gin, tonic and sweet vermouth with a couple of dashes of aromatic bitters. Does this combination have a name? Saw something similar called a Bahamas highball once, but don't know if that's standard.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. I've got over 2600 cocktail recipes in my files, but a search didn't come up with any that have all three ingredients.

    But I remembered an old article and did a search,and found it. Francesco Lafranconi mentioned a drink, "For an easy cocktail, add a float of sweet vermouth to gin and tonic. But "if it's not good-quality vermouth, don't bother""

    1. The original comment has been removed