Posts missing reply options
I recently went from a conventional laptop to a tablet. It used to be that every response to an original post had the red list of "recommend" "flag" etc. at the bottom of the reply I no longer get that. If I "hover" and click in the general location, I can generally get the option I want, but it's a shot in the dark and frustrating.
The only post I see the options is the original post.
That's perfect info, thanks.
Few more questions:
1) It sounds like you're using a mouse with this tablet, rather than the touch screen (because you mention "hovering"). Is that correct?
2) Hovering over a response with the mouse should reveal all of the buttons (Recommend, Link, Flag, Reply). What exactly do you see when you hover over a post? (A screen shot attached to your response here would be helpful if possible.)
3) If you're using a mouse, do you have problems on other sites where hovering is used to reveal further options on the page?
4) If you're using the touch screen, what happens when you touch a post on Chowhound--what buttons if any do you see? (Screen shot if possible)
5) According to Microsoft, you can simulate the mouse hover state in IE11/Windows 8.1 on a touch screen by pressing and holding (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libra...). If you press and hold a post on Chowhound, does that reveal all of the buttons?
Thanks for all the feedback, it'll help us pinpoint the issue, if possible.
Sorry for the confusion. I'm not using a mouse. I'm using the touch screen and just guessing where to touch (hover was a bad choice of words).
I just tried touching and holding in the general vicinity of where the buttons are and they do all pop up, but then disappear. At least it gives me an idea of where I want to be to choose a particular reply.
If I just touch within the post, it just highlights the word I touched on.
I don't know of another site where I've had this specific problem, but one time I had trouble filling in fields for an online payment (on a site that I'd used successfully on my old laptop) and their IT support suggested it was because I was using a tablet.