Vancouver (Richmond) BC Chinese Restaurants
We're headed up to Vancouver BC this coming weekend, Richmond, specifically. I think there are scores of great Chinese restaurants there, but anybody have any recommendations for (1) dim sum (2) Shanghainese, or (3) seafood? Thanks in advance.
Shanghai River or Dinesty (yes, spelled that way) for Shanghainese. The former is more formal, the latter is stylishly contemporary/casual.
For dim sum/seafood: Fisherman's Terrace or Sea Harbour Seafood restaurant. The former is busy busy and in Aberdeen Centre - an Asian mall worth poking your head into (as well as next door Parker Place) for the food courts alone. The latter is located next to River Rock Casino, literally on the Skytrain line.
There are countless others, but this will give you a start.
Other options in Richmond may be found in the Tourism Richmond page:
Where they compiled the "best of" lists from the results of an interesting, 1 year-long "project" by a local gal who blogged (and ate) her way through Richmond eateries each and every day for 365 consecutive days.
And for seafood, you might try a Chinese hot pot restaurant, where the seafood would of course be fairly fresh (at least for the items that count). A few recs are:
- Little Sheep Mongolian Hotpot
- Cattle Hotpot (8391 Alexandra Rd)
- Claypot Hotpot and BBQ (8291 Alexandra Rd, next door to Claypot HP)
Other misc recs:
- HK BBQ Master (145-4651 No. 3 Road, in the parkade of the Real Canadian Superstore)
- Master Hung BBQ Restaurant (#140 8780 Blundell Road)
- Suhang (#100 - 8291 Ackroyd Road) - for Shanghainese
- PaJo's Fish & Chips (http://www.pajos.com/locations/)