Was Santa or your beloved good to you this Christmas?
My wonderful husband gave me a Vitamix. I'm so excited to play with my new toy. My previous blender shot blending margaritas out the bottom of it, and was retired today to the great garbage can in the garage.
Did you get what you wanted?
1. Palace Cafe cookbook
2. Canal House cooks Everyday
3. Cindy's Supper club
4. Some nice Lekue items
5. Most recent "Jamie" magazine
6. Williams Sonoma slow cooker cookbook
7. Chinese cookbook (I forget the author's name -from Taiwan and on cooking channel)
8. chef's coat. I hate strings on aprons
Yet to get: My upgraded chefs knife. Still mulling:
2. Dexter Connoisseur Forged (most practical and economical choise)
3. Pre-WW2 Sabatier. How cool would it be to use a knife that old/ And carbon steel rocks
4. Berti. The most expenive, but wow....what a lovely tool
A bamboo cutting board shaped like the beloved homeland from dearest sister next to marble mortar & pestle from better half. I was pleased. Not pictured are a pair of ceramic knives (to "experiment with and report on") and a lightweight 5" cast iron pan given as stocking stuffer.
No, in line with past years, still no chambar vacuum unit, rotary evaporator or Revco. But like Red Sox fans 1919-2003, next year is the year.
I did get some nice coffee from my parents though.
Melamine stacking bowls
9 or so rubber spatulas
SodaStream ( I love seltzer)
One pan, Two plates
Claudia Roden Book of Middle Eastern Food
Oneida Dover Hostess set
Oneida Dover Soup spoons
Oil dipping herbs
Husband got a deep fryer from me.
We bought mother in law a three pot slow cooker. They started their own church so we figured they would get good use out of it there.