Ma Peche-recent recommendations?
Going to Ma Peche tomorrow night with my daughter. First visit for both of us. Any particular must-have dishes? The last thread is from 2011, so perhaps things have changed. Thanks!
Some favorites on the current menu:
- chicken cemita – avocado, chipotle, queso oaxaca
- scallop (barnegat light, nj) – plantain, yuzu, sesame
- fried veal sweetbreads (provitello farms, ny) – almond, egg yolk, anchovy
- fried rice – lobster, coconut curry, cilantro
- fried chicken – habanero, coriander, black pepper
- roasted pork chop (bev eggleston, va) – red onion, shishito, bonito
- chocolate – coconut, coffee, thai basil
- peanut butter – apple, elderflower, meringue
re: peter j
Agree with peter j about the fried chicken, and the chocolate and peanut butter desserts. Also highly recommend the foie gras and the Brussels sprouts. My sister loved the cod dish which is a dish that I've been meaning to get back to try. Would love to try the pork chop and the fried rice too.
Thanks very much to both of you. Was eyeing the sweetbreads and the fried chicken when perusing the menu. Will follow my usual policy of ordering ridiculous amounts of food so as to try many of your suggested dishes, and bring the leftovers for my wife and other daughter who will be at the theatre.