Yummy Cookie recipe
I am sharing a yummy Almond and Apricot Thumbprint Cookies recipe:
Almond and Apricot Thumbprint Cookies are delicious and perfect Christmas cookies to treat home coming guest. Here is the recipe.
• 1 ½ - cups of flour (general-purpose, spooned and also leveled)
• ½ - tea-spoon of baking soda
• ½ - tea-spoon of baking powder
• 1/2 – tea-spoon of coarse salt
• 3/4 - cup of almond butter (smooth)
• 1/2 - cup (equivalent to 1 stick) of butter(un-salted, at room temperature)
• 1/2 - cup of sugar (packed, light-brown in color)
• 1 - egg
• 1 – tea-spoon of vanilla extract (pure)
• 1/3 - cup of sugar (granulated, for rolling purpose)
• 1/2 - cup of jam- apricot
• First heat the oven to 3500 f degrees. Take a medium bowl, take 1. Flour, 2. Baking powder, 3. Baking soda, 4. Salt and whisk together. Take a larger bowl; (with the help of an electric mixer) beat together 5. Almond butter, 6. Butter on medium speed until turns smooth. Add 7. Brown sugar and again beat it until turns fluffy, which might take 3 minutes. Add 8. Egg, 9. Vanilla and beat it again until all ingredients combined well. With the help of mixer on low speed, add slowly but surely flour mixture and again beat it until all combined well (dough will turn slightly crumbly).
• In a small bowl, take sugar (granulated). Now take 1 table-spoon full of dough and roll it into small balls and then gently roll the balls over sugar to add sugar coat. Spread 2 (parchment-lined, rimmed) baking sheets, over it place the balls leaving 1 1/2 inches gap. Bake it until cookies looks puffed up, which might take 8 minutes. From the oven remove sheets and, with the help of spoon, make a dent and create an indentation at the center of all cookies. Again bake it until all well set, which might take 5 to 7 minutes. Allow cookies to cool over the wire racks, for 20 minutes. Stir jam well and then fill 1/2 tea-spoon into all indentation cookies.
Must try this and give suggestions if any...