Office moving downtown
Our office is moving from Rockefeller Center to Sixth and Canal next week, which opens up a lot of eating options, but leaves me with a couple of questions. I'm familiar with a good number of post-work dining options and sit-down places, but need some suggestions for a couple of gaping culinary holes.
1) a place to get a decent morning bagel. nothing gourmet, just a basic bagel and/or coffee.
2) a reasonably good Chinese carryout. yes, i know it's a straight shot down Canal to Chinatown, and will probably take advantage of that more often than not, but are any of the ubiquitous delivery joints better than the others?
3) a good steam-table place for days when nothing but a big pile of goo will do.
4) carts or trucks that have a regular rotation spot within a few blocks?
5) a serviceable pastrami sandwich. i've managed to develop a soft spot for toasties, and a tolerance for lenny's....something on that level?
thanks in advance!
No. 1 Dumpling delivers. They are 2 blocks from your new location. The food is the best of those that deliver.
GranDaisy bakery is about 2 blocks from you for great Roman style pizza ( potato pizza is my favorite), some sandwiches and pastries. And great breads.
Takahachi will deliver sushi.
Mooncake is right there and has very reasonably priced "vietnamese" food. Not exactly Vietnamese but really good. I think the owner is Vietnamese/Chinese.
Aaman's is great for Danish sandwiches * right at Varick and canal)
Serious Eats has some good Chinatown guides:
Ground Support for coffee isn't too far from 6th/Canal.