What are your Fall/Winter comfort foods ?
- LotusRapper Nov 14, 2013 09:55 PM
Any foods that you'd love to savour while vegging on the couch in front of the fireplace (or that fireplace channel) ?
Me (random listing):
- miso soup
- cream of corn soup
- any creamed soup (butternut squash, tomato, asparagus, mushroom, celery)
- French onion soup
- cinnamon & brown sugar oatmeal
- grilled cheese sandwich
- cinnamon bun
- pumpkin pie/apple pie/rhubarb pie
- roasted squash/yam/sweet potato salad
- roasted brussel sprouts with shaved almonds (or pecans)
- boeuf bourguignon (or any old beef stew will do)
- zongzi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zongzi
- chicken pot pie/beef pie/shepherds pie
'Nuff for now. And you ?
May not be a food but hot spiced wine (like glogg) is a must.
I look for hot brothy meals that are very pungent- sticking my face into a steaming bowl of polenta with wild mushroom ragu to smell it is half of the comfort factor for me.
Miso soup here too
Veggie stews with lots of garlic
Pungent chili with cornbread
My mom's gingerbread (she bakes it in an 8x8 so its like a cake)
Chicken and Dumplings
maple roasted brussel sprouts
braised Asian short ribs