What would you LOVE as a midnight snack @ a wedding? [Do you even want one?]
- jinxie Nov 12, 2013 12:11 PM
If you need one at all.
My fiancee and I are wavering on this (borderline obnoxious) trend....
First off- we're not of any ethnic or cultural background that necessitates a midnight buffet.
We're putting out a great buffet dinner (not plated for logistics and budget- > 300 people)- with a plated & served salad course + dessert.
We're going to be starting the party early- by 9, or 9:30. Then we want a rager going until 2am.
We (think) we want to put out something sweet or savory around 11. Usually- our families do a sweet table [we're thinking a dufflet cake bar]...but since we're serving a dessert. Maybe people want variety?
Some other ideas we've seen and/or are thinking of:
1. poutine (meh. three times I've seen it done- all three times, execution was sort of poor- and these were from great caterers)
2. waffle bar (see double dessert issue)
3. loaded nacho bar- we're worried about the messiness of this
4. trinidadian doubles (we're west indian)
Our venue is the Toronto Reference Library. We would prefer not to do a food truck because people will leave- and we DON'T want to lose the party vibe...
Midnight snack- overrated?