Austin: Roaring Fork
My husband and I had reservations for 2 at 8pm Saturday. The food was awesome. The service however was terrible.
First the bad, then the good.
- They were 20 minutes late seating us for our 8 p.m. reservations.
- Our drinks in the bar wasn't corrected.
- We were stuck in corner between a table of 20 18-yr old girls having a birthday and a table of four women hooting it up and continued getting louder the more wine they consumed. (The 18-yr old table was quieter and much better behaved).
- The only time the water boy and waiter only came by to drop off food.
Having said that, the food almost made up for it.
- Appetizers: Calamari and the Chopped Iceberg with Green Chile Ranch Dressing Tomatoes, Red Onions, Cilantro & Blue Cheese (excellent)
- Bread: The corn muffins with jalapenos were fantastic...the woodsy smokiness of them were different from every version I've had before.
- Entrees: I had the Kansas City Strip Steak with tomato/cheese grits topped with onion rings (wow) and husband had the Pork Tenderloin with cottage fries (yum)
- Dessert: Baked Banana Empanadas with Ancho Chile Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (wonderful!)
All the food was exceptional and worthy of taking a look. However the service makes me think about waiting a while before returning.