What's the most useful wedding gift that you have received?
I have alot of weddings coming up and want to get a good gift that they will actually use.... Any suggestions? I was thinking about an assortment of spices from penzeys or something, but need something else to go with it.
Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
This may not be universal, but there are 2 that I still use 10+ years later:
1) I got a margarita set- pitcher and glasses- from Williams Sonoma. I don't know where the glasses are, but I use that pitcher all the time. It looks like this: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produc...
2) An Emile Henry Mixing Bowl set- beautiful bowls for mixing and serving.
It's been 8 years, but there are definitely some from your price range we still use.
1. Set of pilsner glasses and beer mugs, with a 6 pack of a local beer (MIL's invite choice and we didn't really know them, redeemed themselves with the gift) I use the beer mugs daily for my morning smoothie.
2. Second the nice glass pitcher idea.
3. I gave this once and the bride went crazy. A whole bunch of rubbermaid storage containers in varied sizes. They had a small town home with not much useful storage space for seasonal use stuff.
My first marriage was in 1987. We received a couple of pitchers (one Emile Henry, and another piece of glassware) that have stayed with me through all and a subsequent marriage. I use them all the time. From the other responses, I think a nice pitcher is the way to go. Pitchers seem to work as gifts.