How to keep ice cubes from sticking to the tray
Being slightly OCD, I find it annoying when I'm trying to remove ice cubes from a tray and they stick and break. But I've discovered a technique that reliably gets me clean, easy-to-remove ice cubes every time, and thought I'd share it with my fellow Hounds.
First of all, I use plastic ice trays - this might work with metal ones too, but I don't have any so I don't know (if you do, try it and let me know). Anyway, here's the trick:
* Never refill a partly-emptied tray.
* When a tray is empty, let it sit out and come fully to room temperature before rinsing and refilling it.
* Don't overfill it - you don't want the cubes growing into each other across the top of the tray.
* While it's freezing, make sure it sits flat by itself, not stacked on other trays.
* When it's completely frozen, you can stack it if you want.
I've been doing this for a few months now, and it works 100% of the time.