Singapore - Lunch at Jason Atherton's Keong Saik Snacks
- klyeoh Sep 11, 2013 08:10 AM
Lunched at British chef Jason Atherton's Keong Saik Snacks today:
- Slow-poached egg atop haddock-spring onion mash, with haddock milk poured into the dish on the table. Loved the taste of the haddock permeating through the mash and milk. Wished the dish could have been served hotter.
- Seared scallops with crumbed, crisp-fried pig's cheek nuggets, crushed hazelnuts atop apple puree. Liked the scallops, did *not* like the (again) cold pork cheek nuggets which was unimaginative and had a greasy after-taste. Avoid!
- Cambridge burnt cream (it turned out to be a creme brulee) with passionfruit ice-cream. Very nice.
Keong Saik Snacks
49 Keong Saik Road
Tel:+65 6223 0660
Back to Keong Saik Snacks today for their desserts:
- Doughnuts with cinnamon sugar and caramel cream. Good, though not as great as I was led to believe. The caramel cream does not have the buttery richness that I find in similar desserts outside Singapore, so it's probably the ingredients sourced.
- Pistachio cake, with raspberry puree and vanilla cream. Nice fragrance from the warmed-up slice of cake, Again, nothing exceptional.