Need good veggie snack ideas for work (with flavor! O ca
Hi there - I am a good creative cook - but needing some new ideas for veggie snack for work (I am that type who makes big serving size snacks for work). Preferably pretty vegan (trying to cut down on the calories right now). I am going to make a nice little greek type cold salad of cucumbers and add zucchini. I am needing some new an yummy ideas so I will refrain from grabbing chips at work. I know you all have some great ideas
- spiced edamame in the pods, steam and then toss with salt, sesame seeds and pepper flakes
- roasted chickpeas, toss with a little olive oil and curry powder/herb mix of your choice, roast approx 30-40min til crispy
- dips: nonfat greek yogurt with basalmic, peach salsa, puree white beans with cilantro and lime juice
- chilled roasted veggies, cut into stick shapes: carrots, zucchini, asparagus, fennel, etc
- cherry tomatoes with basil and onion plus salt and pepper
- old school celery with pb and raisins
- veggieveggie wraps: romanie leaf smeared with hummus, julienne jicama, carrots, cucumber and roll up
I usually add a modest portion of fat (1/4 avocado, 2TB nuts or seeds) to a veggie snack to be sure the fat soluable vitamins are absorbed and be more satisfied.
Kale or brussel sprout chips
roasted vegetable soup
Do you mean veggie as in vegetarian or as in vegetable?
I always try to bring a veggie intense lunch/snack for work. A few things I've brought recently are:
A Greek salad with tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, and roasted eggplant, a little feta, and some homemade croutons. (Like a panzanella) Dressed with balsamic, a splash of olive oil, salt, and pepper
Cut up cantaloupe, honeydew, tomatoes, cooked corn on the cob (cut off the cob), and mint, dressed with lemon, agave syrup, and cayenne pepper.
I'll often bring crudite of whatevers on hand (cherry tomatoes, sliced peppers, carrots, steamed green beans, steamed potato wedges) and dip it in greek yogurt combined with salsa or avocado.
Basic lettuce salad topped with a more interesting salad such as ratatouille, marinated beets, bean salad, etc.
Pasta salad with zucchini, tomatoes, and chickpeas mixed with Italian dressing, some greek yogurt and baby greens. Used a very small ratio of pasta compared to the other ingredients.
I make a big pot of this
on the weekend and then just bring in a small container of it with my lunch.
Very important to massage the herbs/oil into the onion and let them sit.
Otherwise I also suggest roasted seaweed (i like the seaweed love brand), somersaults snacks or roasted chickpeas.