Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Manhattan >
Aug 25, 2013 04:32 PM

Tanoshi liquor license???

I read on the webpage that they have no liquor license. If that's still true when I visit in December, can I bring a bottle of wine or saki to have with dinner?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. technically, no. A restaurant must have a license to allow you to BYO... but call and see if they are not technical

    6 Replies
    1. re: dyrewolf

      And if they let you BYOB, please do not post about it (publicly) here.

      1. re: ipsedixit

        ipsedixit-Why not post? Just curious.

        1. re: UES Mayor

          "Applicants should be aware that allowing BYOB without a license may jeopardize their chances for approval of their license."

          1. re: kathryn

            Good to know. In Texas, you can bring wine to have with dinner if the restaurant doesn't have license. After living in NOLA for a long time, I find other states liquor laws a bit strange.

            1. re: topeater

              Strange compared to NOLA?? home of the "drive-thru Hurricane stand".... I suppose anyplace else seems restrictive.

      2. For me, sushi without Suntory is like hamburger without the bun. Still enjoyable, but missing the full experience.

        1. Check back just before your meal, they may have one approved by december....