SF/Napa Trip Feedback - Labor Day weekend
Posted my itinerary about a month ago but just looking for some feedback with a more finalized itinerary:
Late night arrival on Fri
- Early start at Ferry Market Farmer's market hoping to check out blue bottle coffee, roli roti and craftsman and wolves
- Drive up to Napa for lunchbox at Addendum
- Vineyard tour(likely to be Mondavi)
- Dinner at Oxbow Market
- Visiting Pride, Chappellet and Chateau Montelena with Gott's Roadside lunch in between
- Dinner at Ad Hoc
- Early morning drive back to SF
- Mission Eating - Hoping to try La Taqueria, Humphrey Slocombe, Tartine Bakery.
- 4pm Alcatraz Tour
- Dinner at Bar Tartine(Initially wanted to go to Cotogna/AQ/Rich Table but were all closed for the long weekend)
- Drinks at Smuggler's Cove/Comstock Saloon
- Swan Oyster Depot Brunch
- Exploring Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39
- Cycling across Golden Gate Bridge
- Dinner at Saison
*End of SF trip*
Thanks in advance for feedback.... and is there anything special to look out for during labor day weekend?
Is it possible for you to reverse your itinerary? San Francisco clears out on holiday weekends, and the Napa Valley is extra crowded on holidays. So crowdwise, you've got the worst of both worlds. On Labor Day weekend especially with Burning Man going on, the Mission feels empty. It's a great time for a local to play tourist in the City . . . I did it last year and enjoyed not having to fight crowds.
Just FYI, work into your plans that the Bay Bridge may be closed Labor Day weekend to make the final connection for the new eastern span, which will mean heavier traffic on the other routes in and out of the city and that you'll have to take the longer (admittedly more scenic) way back from Napa. If you're lucky, you may get to try out the new bridge before you leave!
If so, the Ferry Building should be a lot less crowded Saturday morning!
That is such a great point, Carrie! I remember scoring my first Roli Roti porchetta right after then opened (breakfast of champions) and not being hungry for the rest of the day. This would be especially true if I had a Rebel Within as well. Though I don't know if I could stand (pardon the pun) the wait at Blue Bottle, Craftsman and Wolves AND Roli Roti on a Saturday, even super early. If the OP is travelling with others, divide and conquer, both for lining up and eating, may be the answer.