Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Jul 20, 2013 03:35 PM

Vintage tri-ply cookware - anyone recognize?

These are clearly mid-century and are very well made but there are no maker's marks on them and I cannot find similar ones online. The core is aluminum and goes all the way to the rim. The handles are wood and are artfully crafted with different layers sandwiched together. If they're American I would assume they are one of the many lines Revere Ware made in the 1960s and 1970s when they were trying to attract new customers, or perhaps Farberware. They look like they could be mid-century Scandinavian as well - or I could be completely off.

Has anyone seen them before or have a guess? Thanks!

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Farberware or Revere Ware would almost certainly have a maker's mark.

    How do you know they are triply with the Al core going to the rim?

    1 Reply
    1. re: taos

      Hello! You can see the three layers.

      1. re: GH1618

        YES!!!! Oh my gosh thank you!!!

      2. That link seems to have been broken, but here's another to a newspaper item on the introduction of Vollrath "Circa 21":

        1 Reply
        1. re: GH1618

          Thanks! Really interesting information in there. I really appreciate your help :)