LAX area Dining
concur with ogawak's recommendation of cafe del rey.
in addition to the reason s/he lists:
1) they are open continuously between lunch and dinner
2) they have an attended parking lot in front of the restaurant in case you feel like leaving luggage in the car.
3) the service there is top notch all the way around
4) the wine list is good both by the bottle and by the glass
5) every table has a good view
6) if they are not jammed they will be happy to let you have a 4 top for a party of two.
7) you can take a nice stroll around the boat docks while leaving your car in their lot (be sure to alert the parking attendant that you are doing this)
8) they will not rush you.
Petros for Upscale Greek with a nice patio or Fishing with Dynamite for seafood. MB Post (and their great small plates) serves lunch only on Fridays and brunch (a little noisier) on both Saturday & Sundays. All in Manhattan Beach, 3 miles from LAX.