Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > U.K./Ireland >
Jun 7, 2013 12:49 AM

Pyrex pie plates in London

Hello everyone,
not sure this is the place to post this question but it seems most sensible here;
Where can I find a pyrex pie plate in london?
I found it very difficult to find pyrex pie plates even when I was in America last year. I'm planning to go to London soon, and seeing as England is a pie-making-country, was wondering about a place you might know. It seems most shops sell metal and porcelain [which are rather beautiful, might I add], but pyrex is basically nonexistent.


  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Do you mean the oval dishes? Dyas show the smaller size here:

    I reckon John Lewis and the larger Tescos will have them, but they don't appear on their websites.

    1 Reply
    1. re: Robin Joy

      Sorry, no; I meant the round, plain, unfluted, 9-inch ones you usually make double crust pies in:

    2. I did this search in the Midlands last Nov for American Thanksgiving. I wound up on, they have Pyrex fluted and Anchor Hocking plain ones. I have yet to find them in any stores here.

      1. try looking for the European brands Arcoroc or Duralex.

        1. Thanks, you two. Will search.