HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >

Tramontina 12-inch clad saute pan same pan as the 12-inch clad open frying pan?

kimbers324 Jun 5, 2013 05:24 AM

Is the Tramontina 12-Inch Tri-Ply Clad Sauté Pan, which was featured as a winner in Cook's Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen the same thing as the
Tramontina 12" Tri-Ply Clad Open Frying Pan, Stainless Steel?

I know Tramontina uses the label saute to describe a skillet for their 'winning' pan....not sure if a different label is also used for the same pan.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. DuffyH RE: kimbers324 Jun 5, 2013 06:14 AM

    The pan itself looks the same, same flare, both made with magnetic steel on the outside.

    The handles look slightly different. It appears as though the sauté handle has a more triangular shape, while the frying pan's handle looks like it has a shallower curve on the underside. It could be the same handle shot from different angles.

    Show Hidden Posts