Hey - I have a a few friends from home who are stopping off in Singapore for 2 days before a big surfing trip. They want recommendations and I'm trying to give them just a select few b/c I don't want to overwhelm them:
The caveats being:
1) they have almost no experience eating real Asian food except the handful of times I've taken them, so just keep that in mind from a culture shock perspective
2) one of them is allergic shellfish, so there has to be good non-shellfish options
Any help would be great?
No point trying to introduce folks who'd never had "real" Asian food to some now, on a 2 day stopover.
- Esquina Tapas Bar (http://esquina.com.sg/).
- Burnt Ends (http://is.asia-city.com/restaurants/s...) first brought to my attention by fellow Hound, FourSeasons
- Bacchanalia (http://www.soshiok.com/critic/article...).
- La Cantine (http://www.soshiok.com/critic/article...).
- CUT @ MBS (http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restauran...) for the best steaks in Singapore, IMO.
Can they do 'spicy'? Some Nyonya options:
- Indocafe - The White House, Scotts Road (http://thehouseofindocafe.com/).
- Guan Hoe Soon, Joo Chiat Road (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/793676).
- Violet Oon's Kitchen (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/894135).
Best Cantonese spots in town:
- Imperial Treasure Super Peking Duck, Paragon
- Crystal Jade Palace, Ngee Ann City
- Taste Paradise, ION Orchard
Best Indian in town:
- Punjab Grill, MBS (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/797618).
- Song of India, Scotts Road
- Rang Mahal, Pan Pacific Hotel
- The original comment has been removed