Toffee Ice Cream
Which companies make a really good ice cream with toffee in it that I can buy at a grocery store? It seems like there are two varieties; butter brickle, and ice cream with Heath Bar chunks. The ones I know about are
1) Breyer's Heath Bar "ice cream" - When Breyer's was still ice cream instead of "frozen dairy dessert" I used to love this stuff. Now....not so much.
2) Blue Bunny's Butter Brickle - The variety I grew up on, and since I live in the midwest, still available to me.
3) Skondra's* Butter Brickle - a little better than Blue Bunny, but not as common in my area.
4) Heath Bar Blizzard at Dairy Queen - Good stuff, but I've got to go to Dairy Queen every time I want it.
I've heard there are a couple Ben & Jerry's varieties with toffee in them, are they any good? Anything else?
* unknown to me till now, Skondra's is Hy-Vee's premium in-house brand. Hy-Vee is a chain of grocery stores in the midwest.
The original comment has been removed
I love Ben and Jerry's Coffee heath bar chunk ice cream. One of my all time favorites.
I also recently tried Walgreens Delish ice cream. Not sure if there is a toffee one, but the two flavors I tried were really good
Kroger's Private Selection line has an English Toffee ice cream; I haven't tried it.
I had an ice cream with Heath Bars once but can't remember for sure what brand, possibly either Blue Bunny or Blue Bell. I used to love Heath bars but hadn't had one in years; I did not care for the ice cream and never looked for it again. If it was Blue Bell I may not have been the only one not to like it - it's not listed as one of their flavors.
I also love Heath bars and get them at Target all the time. They even have a bag of mini bars. Klondike also makes a Heath chocolate vanilla sandwich which I prefer. If you discover a great tasting Butter Brickle Ice/English Toffee ice cream, please post here ... lots of diehard fans will be very grateful. I'll do the same if I am first to make such a discovery; I have been on a quest writing ice cream makers.