Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
May 20, 2013 10:32 AM

Spanish Coffee Glasses

Im looking for the tall skinny tempered coffee glasses that they use in cafes in Spain used for "cafe con leche & tinto de veranos". I brought back a set years ago, and they have all broken.
If anyone has a source for them online, in NYC or Baltimore/DC, or ANYWHERE in the US that would ship them to me,please let me know.

Also these glasses are sometimes used in bars for mixed drinks, they are similar to "coolers" glasses but thicker and tempered for hot coffee.

I think they may have been made by Arcoroc, and are approx. 2.5 inches in diameter.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. I have two types. Both are thin borosilicate glass vs the thicker types you sometimes find in bars. All glass, not the type with the metal frame handles.
    One set is Bodum, the Assam line, but not made any more from what I can tell. They are not the double wall stuff, but FWIW I have those, too and they are awesome.
    The other set is Termisil. If you google that it looks like they are available via ebay and a couple other places.

    2 Replies
    1. re: splatgirl

      Hi! Thanks for the response, the type of glasses I'm talking about have no handles and are about 8 inches high, thanks.

      1. re: Istillneedmaterial

        8in and 2.5in diameter is very large (22 oz) with a very narrow base. Doesn't seem stable to me.

        This being said there are some thermally treated Libbey here of a similar size, that should do for both warm and hot drinks, although I would prefer Duralex Picardie Tumblers, like these


      1. Duralex Picardie might work. The cafe cortado glasses I'm used to from Spain are small, 5-6 oz, Ikea do a couple of sizes that are a good price