Making the best of a bad situation: Farmed Salmon
- ipsedixit Apr 2, 2013 06:19 PM
So I was gifted two farmed salmon fillets (about 6-8 oz each).
I'm not even going to pretend these are going to be good vis-a-vis wild salmon, or that I will like them that much but having said that, any suggestions on how I can make the best of a bad situation?
- No pets (so "feed it to Fido" is out of the question)
- Not freezing (why keep "bad" longer than I have to)
- Not giving it away (bad karma w/re-gifting, and no one to give to anyway)
- Trash (this is a last resort)
re: Uncle Bob
I agree with Uncle Bob here...
Marinate the filets in a bit of soy, brown sugar, mirin, oil, ginger, a pinch of chili pepper, and garlic; and then grill them over some nice chunks of citrus wood, or you could cedar plank them.
Either way you should allow the smoke and the marinade make up for the lack of flavor.