King Hua Restaurant (Alhambra) Dinner Review
Reposting this again:
Did not find a thread here about King Hua's dinner, so here's one.
1. Craving for some good canto-influenced chinese food.
2. Missed the old The Kitchen on Valley
4. Did not care for Sea Habor or Elite
5. Decided to try King Hua since we liked their dim sum
What we ordered:
1. Sea cucumber with fish maw, chinese mustard and tofu.
- Generous serving of sea cucumbers, just right chewiness
- Fish maw was very interesting; it absorbed the sauce and chinese mustard over the cause of the dinner.
- Tofu was tofu
- Chinese mustard was green and fresh!
2. E-fu noodles with mushrooms
- Not too watery, used 4 different types of mushrooms
3. Steamed eggplant special
- with ground pork and preserved vege
- was steamed just right and the sauce was perfect
- would have gone better with white rice but we already had noodles
All 3 were EXCELLENT and we have very biased Singaporean taste buds.
Desserts was the green bean soup which was thick and excellent (not the diluted type served elsewhere).
In all, the price is worth it due to the high quality and fresh ingredients used.
Not sure why this place is not more popular. The food was on par with some of the good chinese restaurants back in Singapore.
Was sad to see it was not more busy on a Saturday evening.
This will be our go-to place from now on for a good chinese/canto dinner.