What can I buy and bring to a potluck brunch?
I'm looking to go to a store (e.g. Whole Foods), and pickup some sort of food item (e.g. a big quiche) that can be shared at a potluck over this upcoming Easter weekend.
Any ideas? At a relative's house in Leslieville. Anywhere near there would be great, otherwise i'm completely open to hoofing it somewhere.
- non-dessert (other people got that covered)
- multiple portions
- preferably something 'interesting' (e.g. a quiche), not something like a sandwich platter :). Doesn't necessarily need to be brunch-specific, like maybe a giant slab of porchetta would be fun.
Right on Queen in Leslieville is The Canadian Pie Company. They do quiches and savoury pies which you can pre-order online.
Other ideas in Leslieville:
- a cheese or charcuterie platter from Leslieville Cheese Market
- Hooked has various prepared hors d'oeurves - potted prawns, smoked trout rilettes, smoked fish, crab dip, etc. - you could call them and see if they could put together a platter
- Leslieville Pumps will do catering orders so you could give them a call for something like pulled pork or brisket for your potluck
I like to bring platters of mini arepas and/or empanadas from Arepa on Queen Street near Bathurst. You need to pre-order but they are very accommodating and everything comes on a platter with their special sauces. You can get multiple flavours and they are always well received and unique.