HOME > Chowhound > General Topics >


Lamb newbie

  • 4

Please tell me the most commonly cut of lamb chop you normally see served in restaurants. They are the tiny lollipop chops I'm asking about. TIA.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Those you describe would be rib chops. Cut from a rack of lamb.

    1. These are usually cut from a rack of lamb and French trimmed.
      That is scraping the end of the bones on the chop clean.

        1. re: letsindulge

          Where I am in the world, it would rarely be loin chops in a restaurant(although that's what I usually have at home)