Kuala Lumpur - Authentic Indian eats at Indian Kitchen, Bangsar
This simple, efficient restaurant in Bangsar turns out authentic Indian eats at rather affordable prices.
The tandoori-roasted paneer kebabs I had, however, was almost over-powered by the use of the cheaper, astringent turmeric in its recipe, in place of the subtler, sweeter saffron.
The Murgh Makhani or butter chicken was as good here as anywhere in India: tasty, tandoor-smoked boneless chicken-meat blanketed with a delicious sauce which was spicier than the version one gets in Delhi or Mumbai - to suit Malaysians' higher chilli-tolerance.
The Kashmiri naan here was chewy and tasty, with sweet little nuggets of candied fruit - perfect when paired with the spicy sauce of the Murgh Makhani.
The sweet lassi I had here was very good - one of the best in town.
15 Jalan Telawi 3
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2284 0522
More Indian kitchen eats ;-)
- Hara-bara kebab: shallow-fried paneer-spinach patties - pretty heavy and gluey, and the mint-coriander yoghurt dip was too overpoweringly sour.
- Afghani chicken kebab: marinated in cashewnut paste, cream, yoghurt, pepper and green chillies. This was absolutely delicious! The only place in KL where I'd found this dish so far (which is very common in Delhi, India, where almost *every* tandoori restaurant will serve it).
- Rogan josh: a bit too over-powering in its mutton flavours here, unlike the subtle, piquant versions I'd had in Delhi or other Indian cities.
- Vegetarian biryani: absolutely delicious here - light, studded with paneer and long beans. Loved this!
- Mango lassi: perfect! Not too sweet like in other places, and nice, foamy and creamy here. 10/10 for its mango lassi.
So, a case of hits-and-misses. But overall, a very good restaurant and a must-visit if you're in the Bangsar Village area.