Good eats in Washington DC?
We are spending a long weekend in Washington DC at end of March. Looking for moderate to more high end places to eat -- any must-do restaurants people can recommend?
I think you might get better responses if you mention the neighborhood you'll be staying in as well as any particular cuisines your interested in.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but given your parameters (broad and amorphous), you might get better (and more?) responses if you did a bit of searching first on this board.
Even without searching, if you simply look to the right of your computer screen you'll see a bunch of links under "Discussion You Might Also Like". Check out some of those previous threads and get a sense of what's out there and then come back with something more specific, like:
- If I want to do a tasting menu, what do you recommend?
- if I want a good lunch spot for people watching, where should I go?
- what are some ethnic hot spots that DC does better than other cities?
- Given these pizza places [insert names] rank them in your order of preference?
- If I want to increase my chances of seeing a DC powerplayer (congress person, judge, etc.) what restaurant should I go to?
Fiola, Rasika, DGS Delicatessen, Mintwood Place, The Source, CityZen and a trip to Union Market would all be on my list right now.
The short answer is that there are no 'must-do' restaurants.
For high-end I'd go to Rogue 24 (tasting menu only, but not formal as the name implies), for medium-high, Central Michel Richard (French-Am classics), and for moderate Jaleo (Spanish tapas).