Buckwheat Flour recipes from back of Dove's Farm Buckwheat Flour?
I used to buy Buckwheat Flour from Sainsbury's and would make the yeasted pancake recipe on the back of the package. I swear it was Dove's Farm, but their website only has a blini recipe with baking power as the rising agent. The recipe I'm looking for definitely had yeast, as I remember it overflowing overnight on my countertop. If you have a package handy, can you please paraphrase the recipe? Much thanks!
(Im no longer in UK, which is why I'm asking, not out of laziness).
I've checked my Dove's farm Buckwheat flour packet and the blini recipe has baking powder as the raising agent.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.
relizabeth, I have a pack with what lookslike the recipe you want. It is for New England Griddle Cakes and goes as follows:
200g Buckwheat flour
1 tsp quick yeast
300ml warm water
1 tbsp molasses
50 melted butter
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix together buckwheat, sugar, salt and yeast
- Dissolve molasses in the water and stir into the flour mix, leaving the bater for 1 hr
- Melt the butter and beat in
- Oil a griddle pan and heat well
- Cook 1 tbsp at a time of the batter on medium heat
- When bubbles dry out and bottom is brown turn over
- Serve with maple syrup
I hope that's it and it's helpful!