Buckwheat Flour recipes from back of Dove's Farm Buckwheat Flour?
I used to buy Buckwheat Flour from Sainsbury's and would make the yeasted pancake recipe on the back of the package. I swear it was Dove's Farm, but their website only has a blini recipe with baking power as the rising agent. The recipe I'm looking for definitely had yeast, as I remember it overflowing overnight on my countertop. If you have a package handy, can you please paraphrase the recipe? Much thanks!
(Im no longer in UK, which is why I'm asking, not out of laziness).
relizabeth, I have a pack with what lookslike the recipe you want. It is for New England Griddle Cakes and goes as follows:
200g Buckwheat flour
1 tsp quick yeast
300ml warm water
1 tbsp molasses
50 melted butter
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix together buckwheat, sugar, salt and yeast
- Dissolve molasses in the water and stir into the flour mix, leaving the bater for 1 hr
- Melt the butter and beat in
- Oil a griddle pan and heat well
- Cook 1 tbsp at a time of the batter on medium heat
- When bubbles dry out and bottom is brown turn over
- Serve with maple syrup
I hope that's it and it's helpful!