Meal Prep for the week ideas?
I've been grilling chicken, steak, fish, broccoli, and cauliflower, with tons of garlic and various seasoning, and throwing the protein / veg of choice over rice and putting those in the freezer so my busy husband has meals "to go" and I have lunch for work. Obviously I'm a little sick of these, any ideas of ready to go meals that have the veg, protein, and carb all in one? Or some yummy sauce recipes that could liven up these dishes? Thank you in advance.
When I make a casserole, I make sure to make it extra large so I can have leftovers. I portion these out into plastic containers so they can be heated up for lunches, late night snacks, etc.
I use the following dishes for this:
crock pot pulled pork
Rice pilaf like jambalaya
Here are my standbys-- Starting with the grilled meat / vegetables (or roasted veggies for a change ... Cauliflower, bell peppers, zucchini, potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, etc.) ...
- wrap in a tortilla, salsa inside or on the side (cheese & black beans a plus)
- in a pita with vinaigrette or greek tzatziki
- with pasta & pesto, or pasta/marinara
- fried rice with soy & rice vinegar
- with a big salad & vinaigrette or Caesar & a roll
- with quinoa or couscous (a bit of vinaigrette or good salsa or pesto to add flavor too)
- lemon aioli on the side to dip (mayo, lemon, garlic, olive oil)
I do the same as Hank - freeze casserole dishes in individual portions.
*Roasted vegetable meat loaf with mashed potatoes.
I based my meatloaf on the following recipe and it froze well!
Sauces/starch for your grilled chicken:
*Marsala mushroom with pasta
*Creole with yellow rice
*Make chicken pot pie with out the crust. If he has access to a toaster oven he can heat up a refrigerator biscuit and serve the chicken/sauce/veg. mix over the biscuit.