Zhouzhuang, China - My fave teahouse and Jiangsu Eats
- klyeoh Feb 4, 2013 07:47 PM
Most eateries within Zhouzhuang served a set meal, which consisted of:
- "Wansan" pig's trotter, braised in soysauce till fall-off-the-bone tender. It's good, but seemed mass-produced in a central kitchen-factory somewhere there, as *every* eatery's pig's trotter looked and tasted similar.
- "Chun chai" green, leafy vegetables which are often braised or boiled
- Tiny shell-on shrimps, which are stir-fried with garlic and Chinese celery.
- Salted mustard vegetables.
- Fishballs cooked with cucumbers, carrots and black fungus.
We went to 3-4 restaurants to check out their menus, and the set meals all looked exactly the same!