Help for a visiting friend - Metrotown & Westminster Quay
Hi fellow hounds,
Need some help for a friend coming into Van area for work for 10 days. He's staying around the Westminster Quay area and working in Metrotown area. Travel by Skytrain. Eats anything. Needs quick walkable lunches, good coffee and beer and loves meat (not all at the same time, hee hee). Any recs would be greatly appreciated to show off my ole hometown!
Thanks so much!!
The River Market / Westminster Quay has Re-Up BBQ and Mexican at Pamola Bakery and Deli, both in a food court setting. Also, Donald's Market in the Quay has a small outpost of La Grotta del Formaggio for sandwiches. Metrotown's got Crystal Mall nearby (5min from the station) for the Asian food court.
re: Sam Salmon
Anatolia's Gate is rather far from either NW Quay and Metrotown, 'tho !
Metrotown area quick walkable lunches (from Metrotown SkyTrain Station, listed from westernmost to easternmost relative to station):
1) Tairyou Ichiba, 4300 Kingsway
2) Crystal Mall/Hilton: http://www.thecrystalmall.ca/en/gettinghere.htm)
- Shanghai Elan, unit 1687
- Abdul's BBQ (& donair) @ 4500 Kingsway (entrance onto Kingsway
- Green Bamboo Vietnamese Cuisine (entrance faces Willingdon)
- Crystal Mall's Asian food court (2nd floor of public market)
3) Isami Sushi, 4603 Kingsway
4) Alvin Garden, 4850 Imperial St.
5) Cattle Cafe, 4885 Kingsway
6) Lao Shan Dong Homemade Noodle House, 4887 Kingsway
7) Take 5 Cafe Metropolis (inside Metropolis Mall):
All of these places are references in Urbanspoon Vancouver: