Looking for a Good Burger & Scotch
Any suggestions to take a Londoner out tonight for good food, but not fancy...thinking a burger, along with a nice bar.
Not feeling ESK tonight, but willing to travel anywhere within Boston Proper/Cambridge
Update on Russell House. I met friends there for drinks the other night before they went to a show at Sinclair and I went back home to change diapers. Sure enough my Caol Ila was served to me an a hot glass straight out of the dishwasher. The bartender was occupied for a bit after that and my time was limited so I drank it anyway. When it came time for the next round I asked for a room temp glass and he asked if I just wanted to keep the same glass. Unfortunately the bar tending here which was once promising is a bad joke.
Someone else in our party ordered a bunch of apps for the bar. While their choices were not what I would have ordered, I was surprised at home underwhelming the food was:
- Grilled Prime Rib Knuckles: Chunks of fatty, chewy meat. I wouldn't have fed these to the dog.
- Lamb Toast: Not much lamb flavor in this dish. I tasted more of the dressing than anything and actually had to ask what the dish was.
- Pizza: thin but tasteless. meh.
- Brussell Sprouts: I didn't taste any of the chili which was supposedly in these. In addition they were overdone and mushy.
- Devlied Eggs: these are really overdone as kitschy bar food at this point. I was disappointed not to have the excellent crispy poached egg instead.
While I didn't go there to eat, I was surprised at how far the food seems to have slipped. Hopefully this place isn't trending toward becoming more like their Grafton Street location.